We are running a photo contest for the most-liked picture taken during the “Autumn in the Augarten” Photo Walk on Sunday October 30th, 2016.
NB: the topic of this photo walk is“Autumn in the Augarten”, and the images you submit to the contest must be related to this theme. They may be landscapes, portraits, macros, etc. and you may shoot in colour, b&w, and edit images.
- Submissions to the contest start on Sunday October 30th, 2016 after the walk.
- Last day for submissions is Sunday November 6th, 2016; at this point the pictures are anonymously posted to Facebook by a VPW admin, and the voting (open to all 500+ members of VPW) begins and lasts one week
- Voting closes on Sunday November 13th, 2016. In the following days a winner is announced.
Rules on how to enter:
- All entries must have been taken on Sunday October 30th, 2016 during the “Autumn in the Augarten” Photo Walk.
- Each person may enter up to 5 photos ONLY
- You may not post your selected photos to VPW’s Facebook or Instagram until the voting us over: anonymity is the key to an exciting competition.
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 6th, 2016.
Rules on how to vote:
- An admin will upload ALL the photos to the photo contest album on Sunday November 13th, 2016. This way, no one will know whose photo is whose, making the voting unbiased and everyone will have a fair chance of winning.
- All 500+ members of the group are allowed to vote (or in this case, ‘like’ their favourite photo/s) even if they didn’t add a picture to the contest, or attend the walk.
- You may ‘like’ as many pictures as you like, but you may not ‘like’ your own.
If you’ve got any questions, please drop us an email.
Finally… is there a prize? As we are, currently, a volunteer-lead, absolutely non-profit club, we cannot offer the winner a prize; we’re sorry about that, and hope to be able to change that in the future. Until that day comes, however, we continue to celebrate our talented members and their winning shots by conducting interviews with them, and publishing these on our homepage, Facebook Page and Group, and Instagram accounts for everyone to read. We also encourage the winners to include up to 5 high-resolution photos of their choice, to showcase their other work.