HUGE congratulations to Juanita Pérez Vargas who won our Schönbrunn Christmas Market Photo Walk photo contest with the above fantastic shot, which I think really captures the magic of Christmas!
Sadly, there aren’t any prizes for winning the contest. (Shame, I know!) Instead, we thought it would be fun to share with you a little about Juanita, how she got into photography, what her photography passions are etc. and to showcase some of her photos that you won’t have seen before.
So, without further ado, allow me to introduce you to Juanita!
Meet our photo contest winner, Juanita
- Where are you from? Colombia
- How long have you lived in Vienna? Since 1988
- How long have you been a member of Vienna Photo Walk? Less than one month.
- What sort of camera do you use? Canon 5D
- How did you get into photography? While at university in Missouri, I had a photography teacher who motivated me to grab a camera and shoot around. I also took pictures for the university newspaper.
- What type/s of photography are you most passionate about? Photojournalism, street photography, and portraits.
Tell us about your winning picture
- How did the shot come about? In spite of the cold, I would place myself on the side of booths that catered to children and waited for them to be spellbound by the beautiful handmade toys.
- Do you know the girl in the picture? Did you speak to her?
No to both. I kept my distance not to disturb the magic of the moment.
- What do you personally love most about this picture? I like the warmth, the tranquility and spell of the special moment.
Where do you get your inspiration?
- Do you have any photography idols? Brian Rasic (You can see his work here.)
- What do you like most about his work? He captures the soul of all his subjects.
- Do you have a favourite photo of his? What is it and what do you love most about it? Yes. Amy Winehouse. He captures her fragility like no other.
- Where in the world have you most loved photographing and why? I love taking pictures in rural areas of Colombia because people are very candid and affectionate
So there you go! I hope you’ve enjoyed learning a little more about Juanita, and seeing some of her photos?
Fancy joining us? Then make sure you join our Facebook group to be the first to know all about our walks.
All the best,